For my last visual assignment of week 4 I chose, Word Cloud. I decided on this assignment because I really liked the daily create where we used wordart.com. So I decided to use this opportunity to make a literal word cloud all about me.
Behind the Work
On February 7, 2021 I completed the #tdc3314. The task was to make word art with wordart.com and upload the final product to twitter. I really enjoyed completing the assignment and it was actually my favorite daily create from week 3.
When I first started working on the Word Cloud assignment, I used the suggest word art website: http://www.wordle.net/create. I continuously kept getting a 404 error, but thanks to the previous daily create I had a website to use!
During the Work
I started this assignment by choosing the shape and colors for my word art. There was an abundance of options to choose from, but I decided on a cloud because rain/thunderstorms are my favorite weather. Next were the colors. My whole life I have HATED bright colors… especially anything pink. So most of the colors I chose for my palette were darker colors: black, red, blue, gray, green, etc. Finally, I created a list of meaningful words and visualized my word cloud. I wasn’t too happy with the final product; the words turned out a lot brighter than expected. I decided this final product would do as I had already tried and failed at creating 3 I liked before it.
Here is a list of the words included in my word art:
- Ariel: my first name
- Arison: my last name
- Ari : my nickname
- Coffee: my go-to drink
- Anime: just about everything I watch
- Short: I am only 5’1″
- Computer Science: my first major
- Honors Program: I’m super proud of being in this program at UMW
- 1999 : the year I was born
- Class ’22: what graduating class I am
- Cat: I love my kitty Nara
- Glasses: I have horrible eyesight
- UMW: the college I attend
- Mathematics: my second major
- Plants: I have over 50+ plants
- Indie: my favorite music genre
- Student: my occupation
- Chesapeake: where I am from
- Sushi: my favorite food
- Rap: another one of my favorite music genres
- Subaru: my first car
- STEM: both of my majors are s.t.e.m.