This week in ds106 the main focus is on photography. Due to the pandemic, I have been taking little to no pictures, so to practice my photography skills I decided to complete the ds106 Photoblitz first. I was tasked to complete a 20-minute photoblitz: 7 randomly generated photography prompts designed to be completed in 20 minutes or less. The above picture shows a screenshot of the photoblitz I was working on and the list below includes the 7 prompts I was tasked with completing.
- Take a picture of fire or something that represents fire.
- Make a photo that represents the passage of time.
- No ocean, surely you can find some water around you to take a photo of.
- Turn your food into the shape of a face. Then take a photo of it
- Find a pool, puddle, or other body of still water.A photo of a reflected subject.
- Fences and walls can divide or demarcate. Make a creative photo of a fence or wall
- Take a photograph of a toy in action
I used an iphone 11 to take each of the task pictures, as my iphone 7 is pretty awful comparably lol. After setting a timer, I frantically ran around my apartment looking for items that fit the tasks. I did get a little frustrated with the 2 water pictures, but I made it work by venturing outside of my building. Overall, the photoblitz assignment was easy to accomplish and was fun to do.